13 September 2020
There are many misunderstandings when it comes to getting Plan Management in your NDIS plan. Plan Management is available to all participants in the NDIS and we are here to fill you in on what you need to know about Plan Management to ensure you are making the right choice!
- Did you know that EVERY NDIS participant has the right to have Plan Management included in their NDIS plan? It is actually covered by the NDIS Act, article s.43(2).
- If you ask for Plan Management, you should automatically get it included in your NDIS plan. The planner, LAC and NDIA must follow the NDIS Act and include it in your plan.
- When you choose Plan Management you don’t have to explain why you need it. Just asking for it is enough to get it included in your plan. It is your right and your choice to have it included in your NDIS plan.
- Plan Management doesn’t cost you anything! The NDIS covers all the costs when it is included in your NDIS plan under the category ‘Improved Life Choices’. This is actually extra funding and doesn’t impact other categories of your plan at all.
- By having Plan Management included in your NDIS plan doesn’t affect any of your other NDIS funding. Other funds will NOT be cut because you want to have Plan Management. In fact, an additional NDIS funding amount will be added in to cover the service.
- Having Support Coordination in your Plan does not mean you cannot have Plan Management included. This is a completely different support to Plan Management. It does not include any services for management of your NDIS funds. Your Support Coordinator helps you find and connect with service providers. You can definitely have Plan Management on top of Support Coordination, just request it.
- If you don’t have it in your plan already you can always ask for a review of your plan and requesting Plan Management is a great reason for a review. Just remember under the NDIS Act, the NDIA can’t refuse this request.
- You can always get Plan Management included in your plans, not matter if you have already had it. All you need to do is ask for it in your review meeting. Although Plan Management is called a ‘Capacity Building Support’, it doesn’t mean that the NDIS aims for everyone to manage their funds themselves one day. The NDIS recognises that the expertise of a Plan Manager could be beneficial for all NDIS participants, regardless of their capacity to manage their funds themselves.
So, getting Plan Management in your NDIS plan is actually quite easy. In fact, all you need to do is ASK FOR IT!
- Don’t have an NDIS plan yet? Ask for it in your planning meeting and you should get it
- Already have an NDIS plan but it is not included? Ask for a review of your plan for it to be included.
Why choose to use LotUs Assist?
Simply because plan management is our business.
- You get a dedicated Plan Manager
- Our focus is YOU!
- We pay invoices within 3 days
- You will have a personalised service, including choice and control over the providers you use
- You will have the flexibility of using NDIS registered and non-registered service providers, which provides greater choices in the community
- We are here to take the stress out of managing the financial side of your NDIS plan and budget
- We can negotiate pricing to pay less than the NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue
- Make value for money decisions in line with your plan
- Process and claim invoices from your services providers
- Pay bills on your behalf
- View your plan on the myplace portal to keep track of your budget
- You will receive monthly expenditure reports so you can stay up to date with what has been paid and what funds you have left in your NDIS plan
To make sure Plan Management is the right choice for you see the table with what’s included with all your options.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more you can contact our friendly team on 02 4033 2003 or leave your details here
We’re happy to discuss what we can do for you and support you with your NDIS journey.
What others are saying
“Before I started talking to Helen I was in a very dark place, I had no motivation to do anything, I was constantly putting myself down and doubting myself in every way possible. Helen has helped me in so many ways.
Assisted in making my doctors appointments, helping me with my strategies when I started to feel down again and making sure I was on track with my mental health care plan while still being there for me every step of the way. She has been an incredible support to get me to better myself and be in a much happier place.
I do not know where I would be today if it wasn’t for Helen’s constant help and support over the last year! I am so grateful to have had Helen by my side and I could not be more thankful for everything she has done for me.”
Thank you to you and your company for such prompt payment with invoices its muchly appreciated and I look forward to working with you guys moving forward.
I’m sending you this email to highly commend your staff member, Jayne Cumberland.
I’ve worked with Jayne with a participant at Coomba Park. Jayne is hands on, very passionate about trying to achieve good outcomes for participants. Jayne talks to participants in a very non judgmental, supportive manner and participants feel at ease very quick. She is generally very interested in their welfare.
Jayne is also very supportive to support staff too. I know first hand.
She's a great asset to your company.
“I am a Social Worker and started working with Helen In 2017. She was my Team Leader and I was employed as a Support Facilitator. Helen taught me all about the National Disability Scheme (NDIS) and the role of Support Coordination. Helen was an excellent supervisor who showed great compassion for people with any type of needs for their wellbeing. I am privileged to have worked with her.”
Having worked with Nicole for many years I cannot recommend her highly enough. She continually strives to provide impeccable customer service. She prides herself on supporting the community and delivers prompt and professional solutions to anything she is faced with. Her attention to detail and productivity is second to none. Nicole goes out of her way to make things as easy and stress free as possible for others. Her empathetic outlook sees her providing a service that is professional, simple and fast, time and time again. There is no one I would trust more.
“Helen is the benchmark that all Support Coordinators should aspire to. Over the many years I have known her, Helen has continually demonstrated an outstanding and unwavering empathy, respect and dedication to her clients and those most vulnerable within the community, through her work and in her capacity as a volunteer.
Her extensive experience and contribution within the industry spanning pre-NDIS, NDIS start-up, NDIS test site through to the present day cement Helen as a leading industry expert.
Helen’s experience coupled with her vast network of allied health professionals and not for profit organisations guarantees Helen is best placed to share YOUR journey with YOUR best interests at heart.”