26 August 2020
Which NDIS Support Coordinator is right for you?
Your NDIS Plan has been received, what an amazing moment it is but at the same time you look at it and feel overwhelmed. Where should you start? What services do you need? Finding NDIS services that suit you and your needs can be tricky. It’s complicated and time consuming and how do you know you have the right one?
With so many providers out there offering the same services, it’s tough to know which provider can deliver services to best support you and your goals. This is where your Support Coordinator comes in.
When choosing a Support Coordinator there are some things you need to consider:
- Are they Person and Family centred?
Will they work in partnership with you and build on yours and your family’s strengths and help you develop your own support networks.
- Do they have the experience, skills and knowledge of the supports you need?
They have the correct registration with the NDIS and they have capacity to support me.
- How long have they been a Support Coordinator and how long have they work within the NDIS space?
- Do they have strong networks across all service providers in your region?
- Explain your goals and ask how they would support you to achieve these?
- How well do they know the NDIS?
- Are they culturally sensitive?
Welcomes all regardless of culture, language, religion or family beliefs and can support you appropriately depending on these.
- Do they have high standards and appropriate policies in place?
- Do you have a good rapport, and can they communicate with you in a way you understand and is meaningful?
- Are they responsive and easy to access?
- Are they outcomes focussed and have measures in place to track your goals?
- Are they inclusive?
- Do they have a clear conflict of interest policy?
- Do they have an easy to find and use feedback and complaints process?
Do they encourage open and transparent communication, and do they have a strong investigative and complaint handling procedures in place.
Once you have found your Support Coordinator you need to understand how they can support and help you.
A support coordinator can help you develop the skills you need to use your plan to achieve your goals, become more independent and participate actively within your community. The Support Coordinator is funded by the NDIS to work with individuals who have high support needs.
A Support Coordinator can help you:
- Assess and identify your options for support
- Connect you to appropriate service providers
- Implement your NDIS plan
- Use the NDIS myplace portal
- Organise any assessments
- Negotiate services and prices on your behalf
- Manage your NDIS plan budget
- Resolve any crisis relating to your plan
Having the right Support Coordinator can help you get the most out of your NDIS plan.
If you are looking for a provider you can trust, why not look at LotUs Assist.
Why choose us?
- We are person centred and our focus is YOU
- Our Support Coordinator has over 20 years’ experience
- We have strong networks and connections across our region
- You will have a dedicated Support Coordinator with you every step of the way
- We will understand your goals and ensure you get the most from your funding and your plan
- We are reliable and easily accessible
- No set up, exit or switching fees
- You will have a personalised service
At LotUs Assist, we provide hope and resilience, guiding you from the darkness and giving you the power to rise and thrive, stronger than ever before to live a fulfilled life.
To find out more visit our website www.lotusassist.com.au or say hello at 02 4033 2003
What others are saying
“Before I started talking to Helen I was in a very dark place, I had no motivation to do anything, I was constantly putting myself down and doubting myself in every way possible. Helen has helped me in so many ways.
Assisted in making my doctors appointments, helping me with my strategies when I started to feel down again and making sure I was on track with my mental health care plan while still being there for me every step of the way. She has been an incredible support to get me to better myself and be in a much happier place.
I do not know where I would be today if it wasn’t for Helen’s constant help and support over the last year! I am so grateful to have had Helen by my side and I could not be more thankful for everything she has done for me.”
Thank you to you and your company for such prompt payment with invoices its muchly appreciated and I look forward to working with you guys moving forward.
I’m sending you this email to highly commend your staff member, Jayne Cumberland.
I’ve worked with Jayne with a participant at Coomba Park. Jayne is hands on, very passionate about trying to achieve good outcomes for participants. Jayne talks to participants in a very non judgmental, supportive manner and participants feel at ease very quick. She is generally very interested in their welfare.
Jayne is also very supportive to support staff too. I know first hand.
She's a great asset to your company.
“I am a Social Worker and started working with Helen In 2017. She was my Team Leader and I was employed as a Support Facilitator. Helen taught me all about the National Disability Scheme (NDIS) and the role of Support Coordination. Helen was an excellent supervisor who showed great compassion for people with any type of needs for their wellbeing. I am privileged to have worked with her.”
Having worked with Nicole for many years I cannot recommend her highly enough. She continually strives to provide impeccable customer service. She prides herself on supporting the community and delivers prompt and professional solutions to anything she is faced with. Her attention to detail and productivity is second to none. Nicole goes out of her way to make things as easy and stress free as possible for others. Her empathetic outlook sees her providing a service that is professional, simple and fast, time and time again. There is no one I would trust more.
“Helen is the benchmark that all Support Coordinators should aspire to. Over the many years I have known her, Helen has continually demonstrated an outstanding and unwavering empathy, respect and dedication to her clients and those most vulnerable within the community, through her work and in her capacity as a volunteer.
Her extensive experience and contribution within the industry spanning pre-NDIS, NDIS start-up, NDIS test site through to the present day cement Helen as a leading industry expert.
Helen’s experience coupled with her vast network of allied health professionals and not for profit organisations guarantees Helen is best placed to share YOUR journey with YOUR best interests at heart.”